Economic Sustainability Services
- Revenue positive re-use and savings through redeployment of used IT, returns millions of pounds to customers each year.
- Managing more than 200 contracts on behalf of corporate and government customers.
- Online trade-in programmes for consumers and small businesses.
- MyPurchase enabling customer employees to purchase refurbished technology.
- We trade with over 6,000 customers internationally in more than 72 countries.
- In 2011 our turnover exceeded £45 million.
- Over £7 million is spent in the local economy through salaries and supply contracts with local businesses.
We provide sustainable services that help our customers manage, use and dispose of information technology equipment in a way that minimises damage to the environment and is economically sustainable. We achieve this through the environmentally safe disposal of equipment, through recycling, re-use or donation to charity.
Started in 1991 RDC has grown from a three man start up to now employ more than 300 staff in UK and Germany. The company has experienced continued financial growth and is recognised as an industry best practice leader.
We are committed to investment in our business and people to continue this growth. Recent investments include the implementation of a new asset management system called AXIS, a bespoke real time application that enables us to manage the entire asset disposal process operationally and financially from initiation of collection through to resale, redeployment or recycling.
Certification to the International Standards for ISO 9001 Quality Management, ISO 14001 Environmental Management, OHSAS 18001 Occupational Health & Safety Management and ISO 27001 Information Security Management underpins RDC’s commitment to providing an independent quality assured means to grow the company. This was reinforced when RDC were granted the Queen’s Award for Enterprise for Innovation in 2002 for the successful development of the new business model.